4.5.07

Health + Politics + Excessive Parenthetical Notation

So I called my mom (oh please, what do you do when you get sick? that's what I thought) and she advised me to take my temperature. Smart! Good thing someone has a brain around here.

It turns out I have a fever (hi, infection! how are you today? thriving?), so I am hauling myself off to a doctor at 1:45 today. Wish me luck: I played Northwestern Hospital Referral Service roulette, which turned out well the last time I tried it. Google has not turned up any horrific malpractice lawsuits, but one never knows.

In the meantime, being sick is boring, so I'm amusing myself by watching clips of last night's GOP debate. There is something horribly wrong when Rudy Giuliani sounds the most reasonable. All of these candidates are terrifying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sucks. :( Feel better and I hope you don't have to take any horrible antiparasite meds again. Though you did joke they were a great weight loss plan last time. -A