5.5.07

Drugged to the Eyeballs

I have a lovely collection of prescription drugs now. Thank you, Dr. Just-Finished-His-Residency. The following conversation actually occurred:

Dr: And I'm going to prescribe you one more antibiotic that's also an antiparasitic for another condition you may have.

Me: And what condition is that?

Dr: It's called giardisis. I don't know if there have been any reports of it in Morocco, but...

Me: The State Department has cleared all drinking water in major Moroccan cities, so no, no giardia.

Dr: Oh, well in that case we can skip that.

Me: I still want an antiparasitic. Maybe flagyl?

Dr: That's what I was going to prescribe for the giardia, actually.

Me: Yeah, I'd like some of that, too.

Dr: Okay.


Oh the bright side, I really like doctors who just hand over prescriptions when you demand them. On the other hand, I actually dictated my entire prescription regime, which may or may not be a good thing. But hey, I know the drill by now, I know what I'm supposed to be getting.

Mmmm, drugs!