16.4.07

Cheerful News

A conversation with my father today:

"...and be careful, especially after the news this weekend."

"What news?"

"Didn't you catch it in the Sunday Times?"

"Apparently not."

"Some suicide bombers blew themselves up at the U.S. consulate this weekend."

"In Casablanca?"

"Yep."

"...the consulate where my friend works? That I'll be staying right next to?"

"That's the one."

"Is everyone okay?"

"Oh, no one was killed. Well. Except the suicide bombers."

"Charming."

"Just be careful. Worse case scenario they put you in lock down at the consulate."

"Oh that's fun."

"It can't be too bad. Make friends with some marines."

"Thanks, dad."


So while I'm sure I'll be fine, think of me if you read about any more suicide bombers in Morocco. Criminey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, getting a call from my dad asking if you were all right was certainly startling.

He said something about there having been a bombing at Marrakesh, as well.

Also, your blog name is so damn dorky, I love it.