4.8.07

Freeeeeeeee

I sold my car today. Free at last! It seemed the height of stupidity to continue paying insurance/city passes/etc. and dealing with parking/maintenance/etc. when I live in the city and take the El to work, so the car is gone gone gone.

In anticipation of this thrilling event, I signed up for zipcar, which I am also kind of excited about. I checked out the cars at the garage closest to me (a handy two blocks away), and I should warn you that I will be yuppy-stylin' my way to the grocery store/liquor store* in a BMW. I promise to adjust my driving to "asshole" accordingly.


* These are the only places I ever drive, and more often to the liquor store than the grocery store because, hello, Peapod. Although I hear the liquor store next to Whole Foods delivers, so hey, maybe I never have to leave my apartment for supplies ever again.

No comments: