22.4.07

Dispatch: from Casablanca, just back from Fes

I had so. much. fun. in Fes. Anyone want to move there and open a riad with me? The ex-pat community is charmingly eccentric and everything is cheap.

The weekend trip to Fes was so wild and insane I really can't do it justice in this post: somewhat because the stories require hand gestures and voices, but mostly because I'm so damn exhausted, having walked in the door about half an hour ago.

At least I no longer smell like goat. God bless showers.

I am not even going to attempt to tell the stories here- you'll have to ask me yourself. We'll split a bottle of wine: stories like these require alcohol. Hint: if you've ever seen Absolutely Fabulous: The Last Shout, it was exactly like that, except I didn't get sold into white slavery.

I have not yet purchased a carpet, but the acquisition is imminent. I may not have a couch when I get back (see my second post in this blog), but I'm going to have a hell of a lot of interesting interior furnishings. Rugs, poofs, lamps: oh yes.

Off for cocktails/dinner/collapsing. A demain!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you bringing back a hookah, too? ;)

I saw this comic and thought of your GRRRAAAIIIINNNSSS! joke.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/876/