29.11.07

Possibly It Is Time To Turn Up The Subwoofer And Dance Loudly

So about a half an hour ago, some of the lights in my apartment went off. Not all of them: just my kitchen and one light in the living room. Um, okay. Before I could even conceive the cranky thought that I would have to go to the basement and flip the breaker, they went back on. Excellent!

Then they did it again.

Then they did it again, but this time all the lights went out, and for a slightly longer period.

Alarming.

Back on!

Now back to kitchen + lamp. And back on.

Hypothesis: one of my neighbors needed to flip a breaker and found their way into my box instead of theirs. Fine: I shall go inform them of their grave, grave error.

But wait! I'm totally paranoid. As I start turning off my alarm so I can exit, I think: gosh, if someone wanted to enter my apartment for whatever reason, this would be a great way to get me to disable the alarm and unlock the back door. Bad plan!

Pause while I go dig up the portable panic button that will set off my alarm wirelessly. I knew that would come in handy one day.

Get keys. Turn off alarm. Listen at back door for sinister heavy breathing/clanking of weapons. Hear nothing. Unlock all four locks and open door to find the light for the back staircase on. Poke my head over the railing to find my downstairs neighbor in her pjs with flashlight in hand. Politely inform her that she's been fucking up my electric. Do not offer to help her, as am pissed off enough already. Lock all four locks. Reset alarm. Return wireless panic button to easily-accessible box.

Yeah, it wasn't that interesting. Now I have to remember how to unlock my stove and oven. Fucking gas-based appliance.

No comments: