10.8.07

We Are All "That Girl"

I just received an email in my inbox this morning from my college alumnae association. It began thus:

REUNION PLANNING BEGINS
Although it is nearly two years away (June 12-14, 2009), the executive board is already thinking about and planning for our five-year reunion.
I was suddenly reminded of That Girl who seemed to be taking notes with seventeen different color pens, six different color highlighters, two pencils, and a protractor...in a religion class. Oh, wait, there was at least one of Those Girls in every one of my classes.

I do not miss college. It continues:
We are looking for people who want to be involved in the process. We need:

*Reunion chair and committee who will oversee the planning for our reunion weekend
*Record book chair and committee who will put together a book about our classmates and their lives over the past five years
*Nominating chair and committee who will help with the election of executive board officers for the next five-year term
Ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me!

There is no way I would voluntarily sit on a committee --unless it's the Subcommittee of Deciding What Cocktails To Serve. Although I'm sure they could suck the fun out of that, too.

The worst part is this will obviously be only the first in a long string of emails about the process. God have mercy.

No comments: