29.5.07

This Is Always Happening To Me

Okay, have you seen Stripes? If you haven't, stop reading this post and go rent it immediately, as no education is complete without watching what is decidedly one of my top three movies of all time.

Assuming you have seen that movie, do you remember that scene at the end? Where Bill Murray, wearing his military uniform with martini glass in hand, staggers out of the jet to thunderous applause by the crowd? He says something along the lines of, "Oh, guys, you shouldn't have, you really shouldn't have. This is ridiculous— okay, everyone's coming back to my place for drinks."

That is exactly what I'm like after a few drinks on an empty stomach.

Earlier this evening I hopped over to a neighboring apartment to return the keys to the roof to my board president. We started talking, her partner offered me a drink, and somehow I found myself still hanging out on her porch drinking an hour and a half later. So obviously I invited them over for cocktails this weekend.

Then I stumbled home to run into my upstairs neighbor, who had been trying to get in touch with me to offer me her extra porch furniture, as she had noticed I didn't have any yet. So sweet! Obviously I invited her and her partner to cocktails as well.

And now I have a full-fledged party going on Sunday evening. ...Oops.

Well. There are worse things. Hurrah for wonderful neighbors. Now what should I serve? Obviously the full bar will be available, but nibbles must be considered carefully. Olives, maybe something a little more substantial? Maybe...something wrapped in bacon? Hmm...

In further irrelevant news, I painted my toenails a really slutty red and liked them so much that I painted my fingernails the same color. I'm pretty sure my nails now scream "SLUT!," which means it's time to bust out the over-sexed red polka-dot skirt. Wahoo.

No comments: